We have all heard of spring cleaning around the house, but have you ever thought about the fact that your office can use a spring clean as well? As the cold months are hopefully behind us, it is a great time to take a look around your office and freshen things up. Following are a few ideas to help you with this task.
General De-clutter Tips:
- Purge any unnecessary items.
- Take on one small section at a time to keep the task from being overwhelming.
- Go through everything…. yes, everything.
- Ask yourself, have I used this in the last year? Does it still have value? Will I use it again? If the answer is no, then get rid of it – recycle it, donate it, or shred it.
- Use compressed air to clean your keyboard.
- Untangle and label computer cords and cables.
- Disinfect keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- Delete unnecessary and unneeded files.
- Uninstall programs or apps you no longer use.
- Clear cookies from internet browsers.
- Cancel unnecessary email accounts.
- Set a schedule to backup your files to an external hard drive.
- Archive old and inactive files.
- Shred unnecessary client or customer folders.
After you have the office all spruced up for Spring, the next step is to maintain it. At the end of each work day, glance around and take a moment to put everything back in its place. This will help to keep your office organized and fresh. If your lease is coming due please give Summit Executive Suites a tour. Our fresh, clean offices may be just what you need to usher in Spring.